13 January, 2007

The Word

This, my friends, is the Word from Seminary and Grand Rapids...or the news from the past month of my life as well as a few interesting (or otherwise) things that I found to say for no apparent reason.

I had a wonderful Christmas break and the first week back at Seminary has seen some interesting developments...of I am not sure what kind (maybe regressements...if that is a word?) So this is what I have been doing in a nutshell (and that is not a reference to my head).
  • Has a great time getting back together with (the Awesome) friends in Ann Arbor and having a good ol' "ave" time...it was great seeing you and I treasure every moment with you all
  • The ride home was uneventful and as always...slightly boring (until I started trying to amuse myself by talking...to myself...and that sort of morphed into a conversation with Candy [my car] about her not liking the parking lot at the Seminary...apparently she can't sleep well either)
  • New Year's Eve found me with my family in the early evening and on into the night until 2007 came in. The only problem was that the last two hours of New Years Eve I had to enjoy being with my sleeping family while I issued in the New Year by watching The Incredibles in bed nursing a mug of Hot Chocolate and Baileys and going to sleep around 12:06am
  • New Years Day I woke up sick...and am now just getting over that cold
  • Tuesday after New Years I had a party at the Chancery of Bishop Walter Hurley and my fellow Grand Rapids seminarians (all of whom are doing great btw) which was uplifting and some good fellowship time
  • Chris (the other guy from GR who studies at Sacred Heart with me) was not there though...which was weird, but then so is he...so what the heck. After the party the Director of Vocations asked me where he was, I had no clue and said that I thought he must have been sick or something, to which I received the response "no...I think something is up"
  • Friday found me back at Sacred Heart greeted with a friendly, but terse, note that said that Chris has left the Seminary...Great I thought, he is the one that got me here in the first place, now I am alone, and I got this announcement from a note!
  • So here I am the lone Grand Rapids guy in Detroit, the last city in the world I wanted to live in (besides any city in the Middle East, most of Africa, parts of South America bits of Asia and Europe, and most of the countries in North America) and no person to complain about it too except Thom...and I don't want to chew his ear off all the time.

Wow...that ended up way more boring that I anticipated...just in case you got to this point...lol...Some better stuff in the works though friends...Promise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I don't know what your name is, because it does not say on the article, but it is good to hear from a fellow GR man. I grew up in GR and absolutely loved the area. How is Sacred Heart? How are things going for you? I am a seminarian also, but for Atlanta. Let's talk. Email me at ryankiel@hotmail.com. God bless you!

In Christ,

Ryan M. Kiel