30 January, 2007

Clocks and REM cycles

Some people have a rather nice REM cycle...for me though, its seems that every time I get to the "light sleep stage," my sleep gets so light that I actually wake up. I get my sleep but my cycles extend between actually sleeping and waking...making sleeping a bit of an annoyance. The scary thing is, is that I can time my cycles...they take about an hour and 50 minutes generally...I know this because I tend to look at the clock every time I wake up...night can go so slow

Speaking of time going slowly, this morning at class I thought I would die from boredom! Their were a lot of repetitious and just plain boring questions today that took up most of the class. On top of that the clock was just moving so slow! It felt like the clock was moving slower than usual...when in fact it was...it stopped at 9:30 and just stayed there...I thought something was up! Ugh...well that is over and now I have to do some laundry. Days get rather boring when all you do is go to class and study and never go outside or get much social interaction (seminarians are such a prayerful/studious lot that its hard to find some fodder for procrastination...good thing Thom comes around every so often!).

No comments: