27 November, 2006

Change of Scenery

Coming home for Thanksgiving was a welcome change from the usual. Not only did I get plenty of rest, but I also had a great time with my sweet little niece, brothers, sisters, sister-in-law, cousins, uncles, aunts, grandparents, and the parental units. Reflecting on the pleasant differences of home and Detroit, I thought that I would list a few of the things that were most strikingly different about the weekend.
  • First is that I heard more gunshots at home then in Detroit. I call it providence, but I have not heard one gunshot while I have been here (although I have been informed of there existence on many occasions). The big difference being, however, that the gunshots at home ended in dinner on the table rather than an empty seat at someone's table.
  • Racial diversity at home is basically non-existent. The closest thing we have to racial diversity at home occurs within the burgeoning squirrel population. We have red, black, and grey squirrels...Dr. Izzo would be in paradise...or out of crustuli!
  • Traffic was basically non-existent! I could travel 30 miles in 40 minutes, as opposed to 5 miles in 30 minutes as it often is in Detroit...ugh, thank God for the country, where ne'r a traffic light is seen!
  • One final thing, which is always good for the ego...I actually impress the folks at home with my knowledge. I know what you all are thinking, and yes it is scary, but hey, I get my perks where I can!
Now starts the countdown to Christmas!!!


1 comment:

Black Mona said...

haha. i guess the country does have SOME perks. can't wait to see you buddy!