01 May, 2007

Reverse Migration

I have meet many Mexicans in my life. They have come as long as I can remember to help out on the farms up here in Michigan. But I guess that I have always been on the receiving side of Hispanic culture...them coming to us. Now I am going down to learn about them and their language at their home. A reversal of the usual migration pattern that I have grown accustomed to.

Now for all of you who have long been demanding that I let you know what is/will be going on...I give you the Itinerary of the next two months!

  • May 2, 9am I depart for Mexico from Detroit Airport
  • May 2-6 I will be visiting the Mexico City and learning about their history and culture.
  • May 6-June 15 I will be in Cuernavaca learning Spanish and living with my Mexican family (Justino and Costanza)
  • June 16-24 I will be doing door to door evangelization (or something like that) in some Hispanic communities in Detroit or Flint Michigan.
  • June 24 2006...I am finished for the summer
  • June 24-July 4 I have completely free and will be packing up my possessions at school and will hopefully be seeing a lot of my friends in the Ann Arbor area before heading back home.

Hopefully I will be able to post to the Bubble while in Mexico...so stay tuned (and pray for this Gringo!)

1 comment:

Black Mona said...

so....this means that you WILL be coming to Mel and Justin's wedding?