23 April, 2007

Farewell to the Heart

The past year has been one of many joys and sorrows. It has seen me leaving my beloved Ave Maria College community and joining the fast growing ranks of Catholic Seminarians. I studied my first year at the come now bursting at the seams Sacred Heart Major Seminary and after a Spanish language trip to Mexico with SHMS, I will find myself joining the rest of my diocesan brothers at Mundelein Seminary in Illinois.

I have one more week to spend at the Heart (as it is often called) and although it took me a while to get used to, and learn to like, the place (it is Detroit and I am from the country after all) I have grown accustomed to the place. I will miss her, as well as all the wonderful seminarians currently attending this hallowed institution. I have great hope for the future of the Church in Detroit as well as the rest of Michigan, having had but a small sample of the future leaders of Detroit and many of the Dioceses of Michigan. The local Church here in Michigan is on the verge of a new and great springtime, just as Pope John Paul the Great (of blessed and holy memory) predicted of the entire Church.
The prayers of the faithful are paying off! Keep up the prayers and know that they are being put to good use...for those of you in the pews, you will be experiencing this in about five-ten years! Keep your chins up! The Reign of Terror is Ended!

No comments: