15 March, 2006

The Ark is HOPPING TONIGHT!!!

This is amazing...so I came to study at the Ark for once...to use the internet and just generally have a quiet time. I can not believe it there are actually people here tonight (and not just the occasional glimpse of the duty-bound RA from JV). Five people are here...Including me! We are, however, actually studying...or at least being quiet, as opposed to the past when everybody went to the Ark to "study" but seldom got anything done beyond socializing.

I am really exited about my term paper this semester (I know...how sick is that??? I think that I am finally catching that dreaded habit of Ave people in being completely obsessed with my paper...yes...I am sorry)!!! So what is the topic! Well its the History Senior Seminar and we are studying Monasticism...I was doomed the moment I heard the topic. I love monasteries and everything to do with monasticism (especially medieval monasticism), and this is my perfect opportunity to indulge! Oh...yea so the topic! I am writing on the correlation of the different orders and ways of monastic life with the rule or way of life that corresponds to them. I got all these cool books on monastic buildings with lots of cool pictures and I am so PUMPED!!! So if you find me talking in the near future on monastic subjects a bit much...well here is why (I may even include pictures!!!)!!!

Lots to do for St. Patrick's day...going to have a nice dancing/Irish hang out socializing party this Friday!!! Hope you all can make it! 2 more days!!!

Ruins of Clonmacnois in Ireland (so sad...so beautiful!)

2 comments:

Louise said...

I love you, Favorite Irish Boyfriend.

Lady Lauren said...

I even found people in the Ark the other night the other week. Very nice . . .
:)
Hi, Brendan. So good to see that you still exist. One cannot be so sure these days, when one doesn't see anyone.